What is Family Mediation?
The aim of Family Mediation is to help couples who are divorcing or separating permanently to reach agreements or resolve disputes, often over complex financial and family arrangements, between themselves. Therefore avoiding the need for costly and stressful legal intervention. Couples are guided through this process by trained mediators.
Family Mediation can:
- Avoid expensive and lengthy court procedures
- Offer you a calm and constructive approach to resolving the dispute
- Allow you to make the choice and decisions about how to go forward
- Provide you with a safe and private environment for discussions
- Help you reach a resolution of the dispute by working with a professional and experienced mediator
How does Family Mediation work?
We are a community based Family Mediation service led by Dr Lesley Saunders. At present the service is only available to the residents of East Surrey. Family Mediation is completely confidential, mediators are independent and impartial.
This is a fee paying service with costs kept as affordable as possible:
Concessions may be available for extenuating circumstances, so please contact us to enquire. Telephone: 07484 799092 Email: email@example.com
If you believe you are entitled to Legal Aid, click on the following link which will take you through to the Gov.uk site – www.gov.uk/legal-aid
Mediation Information Assessment Meeting (MIAM)
If both parties are willing to engage in mediation the mediator will first meet individually with each party.
MIAM (45 minutes) – £80 per person (includes court forms as required)
Joint Mediation Meeting
If both parties are then willing your mediator will see you together in a joint mediation session. At these sessions your mediator will help you to consider the issues and reach a decision about how to go forward. The number of joint mediation sessions needed will depend on the issues involved and their complexity.
- Joint Mediation Sessions (1.5 hours) – £120 per person
- To support children whose parents are going through separation or divorce, a child consultation is £50
Outcomes and Agreements
Any and all joint decisions and agreements reached during the mediation sessions can be recorded in a written document which can be considered and approved by the court.
- Statement of Child Arrangements – £50
- Open Financial Statement – £50
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Finance and Property issues and ‘All Issues’ £100
If you are a professional referring a third party for Family Mediation or an individual who would like more information please complete the online referral form below or contact us directly Telephone: 07484 799092 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org